top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Q:  How can I tour your venue? 

A: Please schedule a private tour.  You may also contact us directly if you do not see a time or date that works for your schedule. 

Q: What is the venue guest capacity? 

A: We can comfortably seat 225 guests inside, & many more outside (details upon request).

Q: What is the rental rate and what does it include?

A: Please see our Pricing Page for complete pricing and included items.

Q: If we plan to have our ceremony offsite, or only plan to have our reception at Camelot Meadows, does the fee change? 

A: No, our fee structure remains the same. 

Q: What forms of payment does Camelot Meadows accept? 

A: We accept credit cards, personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks, Venmo, cash, and ACH payments. 

Q: Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? 

A: Yes, we do request an initial deposit of 50% to ensure your date is secured. The remaining balance is due on the 1st of the month prior to your event.


This applies to both the venue rental and our overnight accommodations.


We also require a credit card to be held on file and a refundable damage deposit of $520, less a $20 administrative fee, that is due on the 1st of the month prior to your event.


If no damage occurs, this will be refunded within 14 days following your event.


Please ask us about our flexible payment plan options, which include a low initial down payment.

Q: Do I need an event coordinator? 

A: We ask that you hire our recommended Event Coordinator but can offer alternative options. 

Q: What is your cancellation policy? 

A: We understand that adjustments or cancellations may be necessary. Our contract contains details and information regarding moving or canceling a date. 

Q: How far in advance should we reserve a date for our event?

A: Some events are booked well in advance (12-18 months is a general rule). We realize that unanticipated venue needs may arise though and will work to accommodate you based on availability. 

Q: Do you have caterers and bar services that we have to utilize? 

A: You can choose whomever you want for catering and bar service. The proper licenses and permits must be in place and we will guide you regarding what is needed.

Q: What is your alcohol policy? 

A: You have two options for the serving of alcoholic beverages at your event.


The first is to have the alcoholic beverages purchased from and served through a catering service licensed in North Carolina to sell and serve alcoholic beverages. The catering service or its agents must provide all alcoholic beverages consumed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State of North Carolina. 

The second option is for you to apply for a Limited Special Occasion Permit. This permit allows you to bring fortified wine and spirituous liquor into our venue, with our permission. We can provide a copy of this permit for your convenience. This must be served by a licensed bartender. 

If you decide to apply for the Limited Special Occasion Permit, your bartender will need to set up and maintain the bar with ice and napkins, provide and refill their own cooler, take out the trash, etc. They must also stay through the entire event and leave the bar as they found it.


Please also remember to have bottled water available for your guests; this is one of the top requests from guests!

Q: Do you have a list of preferred caterers? 

A: We can assist you in recommending caterers based on your preferences and budget. Caterers must be licensed and insured in the State of North Carolina. Any caterer who has not previously worked at our property is asked to meet with us at least one month prior to your event date. 

Q: Is "self-catering" allowed?

A: This is evaluated on a case by case bases and requires an additional non-refundable fee of $250.

Q: What is Special Event Liability Insurance and why do I need it? (Required of all events) 

A: Special Event Liability Insurance is an insurance policy that helps protect your investment in a specific event, such as a wedding. Event Insurance may help cover your costs if you unexpectedly need to cancel your event or if you're found responsible for property damage or an injury caused during the event.


Q: What is Host Liquor Liability Insurance and why do I need it? 

A: This is required if you are serving alcoholic beverages. Host Liquor Liability Insurance covers claims related to a guest at a social event who drinks too much alcohol, then causes property damage or bodily injury to themselves or others as a result of intoxication.  Ask your insurance agent about combining both of these policies together. Together these policies range around $150 but it varies based upon the number of guests.

Q: How close are you located to the airport? 

A: The Charlotte Douglas International Airport is an approximate 22-minute drive from our venue. 

Q: Does your event location have overnight accommodations? 

A: We are proud to offer a River Retreat lakefront cabin and also a Tiny House

We also have relationships with local hotels, which are within 15 minutes of our venue. Some offer shuttles and other perks. We can assist you in providing this information. 

Additionally, we can provide you with a list of Airbnb's within minutes of the venue.

Q: How many cars will your parking lot accommodate? 

A: Up to 105, plus space for buses and shuttles.  

Q: Is your venue climate controlled? 

A: Yes, events can be scheduled year-round in our event barn. 

Q: Do you have dressing rooms? 

A: Yes, we have two beautiful and comfortable private suites with their own temperature controls. 

Q: What happens in case of rain? 

A: We can accommodate certain guest counts on our covered patio, for larger parties or severe weather disruptions, we'll plan to "flip" the indoor space for both a ceremony and reception (as needed).

Q: What time will I have access to the venue to decorate and are there any restrictions? 

A: You will have access to the venue at the time listed on the contract, not earlier. Please plan accordingly. We do have the option to rent extra hours, provided the venue is available. 

We do not allow open flames of any kind in the barn. Staples and other penetrating items may be used to secure decorations on our wood surfaces only with our express permission. Rice, confetti, birdseed, glitter, pyrotechnics, smoke machines, and sparklers are not permitted. 

Q: Who is in charge of clean up? 

A: Our contract will define your clean-up responsibilities, as well as that of your caterer, bartender, etc. 

Q: May we take photos on the property? 

A: Yes! We encourage you to take memorable photos of your special day/event with us. Please consult with us if you are interested in a photo session prior to your event. 

Planning Questions


Q: How will the tables, chairs, etc be arranged for my sized event? 

A: We will provide you with an expert layout for your review, based on your guest count. 

Q: Do you provide table linens, cups, silverware, etc.?

A: No, but Camelot Meadows provides an awesome venue, tables, and chairs. Your Event Coordinator can also assist you with options and ideas. 

Q: When can I have my wedding rehearsal? 

A: A free one-hour rehearsal time is included in your rental fee. Most rehearsals are scheduled either the morning of your wedding or the Thursday prior. 

Q: Can vehicles be left overnight? 

A: No vehicles can be left overnight. Please advise your guests of this policy. We appreciate your understanding. 

Q: What time does the music need to end? 

A: Music needs to be off 30 minutes prior to the end of your event. Please ensure that you, all of your items, and all of your vendors have cleaned up and are ready to leave. 

Q: What are the options for outside locations to get married on the property? 

A: Depending on the guest count, we can offer a few different options, including our magical bamboo forest! 

Q: Can I bring in my own décor?

A: Yes, please note that nothing can be attached to our walls or ceilings. Certain items are prohibited which includes lit/real candles, confetti, faux petals, glitter, etc. (Please refer to your venue contract for the full list.)

bottom of page