Q: How can I tour your venue?

A: Currently, our facility is under construction, once we are open we will schedule tours on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 PM. Please contact us to verify open house availability on Wednesdays, and/or to schedule a private tour.

Q: What is the venue guest capacity?

A: We can comfortably seat 250 guests inside and many more outside (details as requested).

Q: What is your rental rate?

A: This is quoted per event.

Q: What does the rental include?

A: The rental includes the barn venue, parking and surrounding areas (see "FEATURES" page)

Q: What is your alcohol policy?

A: Alcoholic beverages can be purchased and served through a catering or bartending service licensed in North Carolina, who must also obtain the proper permits (as applicable). You must also obtain Host Liquor Liability coverage to protect you against alcohol related accidents, as you are ultimately liable for the safety of your guests. Established catering services may use their license and insurance to cover this requirement. All alcohol service will end at least one hour prior to the event end time.

Q: Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of preferred caterers?

A: We do not have an in-house caterer, but we do have a full caterer's prep kitchen and list of preferred vendors for catering. Caterers must be licensed and insured in the state of North Carolina. Any caterer who has not previously worked at our property is asked to meet with us at least one month prior to your event date.

Q: Can I do a pot luck dinner?

A: Yes, our catering kitchen is not equipped to cook meals, but can be used for basic preparation (i.e. warming). Food must be cooked off site and can be served in the venue.

Q: Are there any decoration restrictions?

A: We do not allow open flames of any kind in the barn. Staples and other penetrating items may be used to secure decorations on our wood surfaces only with our expressed permission. Rice, confetti, birdseed, glitter, pyrotechnics and sparklers are not permitted.

Q: What is your cancellation policy?

A: We understand that adjustments or cancellations may be necessary. Our contract contains details and information regarding moving or cancelling a date.

Q: How far in advance should we reserve a date of our event?

A: Some events are booked well in advance (12-16 months is a general rule). We realize that unanticipated venue needs may arise and will work to accommodate you.

Q: Does your event location have overnight accommodations?

A: We are proud to offer a "Lake View Cabin" rental for overnight accommodations. We can provide you with more details regarding this.

Q: Is your venue climate controlled?

A: Yes, events can be scheduled year round in our event barn.

Q: Do you have dressing rooms?

A: Yes, we have two beautiful and comfortable dressing rooms.

Q: Who is in charge of clean up?

A: Our contract will define your clean up responsibilities, as well as that of your caterer.

Q: May we take photos on the property?

A: Yes! We encourage you to take memorable photos of your special event with us. Please consult with us regarding photo sessions.

Q: What is smudging and why do you do it?

A: The ritual of smudging can be defined as "spiritual house cleaning". In theory, the smoke from various herbs and plants attaches itself to negative energy and as the smoke clears, it takes the negative energy with it, releasing it into another space where it will be regenerated into positive energy. We use a Sage smudge stick, which symbolizes cleansing and releasing of negative energies and the addition of wisdom and purity. We light the end of the smudge stick in a bowl, extinguish the flame once the Sage has started smoldering and carry the smoldering smudge stick to all of the rooms in the venue. We will offer the smudge stick to you as a memento for your event.

Subscribe to Get Notified on Free Events, Open House Tours, Specials and more!

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

© 2020 Website Developed by Camelot Meadows Event Staff